Monday, May 20, 2013

Perspective

The story of Peter walking on water (Matthew 14:22-33) is one of my favorites, because every time I read it I see things in a different way. One thing that struck me recently was Peter’s focus and perspective.

When he gets out of the boat, it’s already windy. There’s already waves. But he walks confidently toward Jesus.

When he gets scared, it’s after he’d already started walking. He’d already seen what focusing on Jesus could do. But he lost perspective.

I’ve seen what Jesus can do in my life, too. But like Peter, sometimes I get distracted by the problems and fears surrounding me. And I need to remember that problems and nothing when I focus on Jesus.

He’s given me all the power I need. And he’s already shown me what can happen when I keep my perspective on the power, rather than the problems.

0 comments: