Saturday, August 1, 2015

That One Time When I MET LIL BUB!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I experienced the most magical thing any human can experience. I MET LIL BUB!!!!

I went to the Denver County Fair and arrived in time to get a good seat at the Gazebo Stage for the 1:00 Q&A with Mike & Bub. I saw Mike walk up first, without Bub, and it seemed like a lot of people didn't seem to know who he was until he got up on the stage to set up his computer. He played a video of Bub on a beach while we waited for the show to start.



Mike started by explaining Bub's story (with pictures), and he showed the video of her miraculous recovery. He also showed some pictures of her with celebs and such.



After that he took Bub out of her carrier and she interacted with the audience. Mike typed what Bub was saying on screen, and recordings played of her squonks.





Then after Bub said some things, we saw a video of Lil Bub's Special Special from Animal Planet.



Then there was Q&A. I asked what Bub thinks of Rosco, her new baby brother. She said that dude is amazing. Best face. Best smile!

Bub also got her checks for the charities she is fundraising for this weekend.



Mike seems like a really humble, genuine guy. You can tell just from the way he carries himself. Plus when asked about his and Bub's fame, he said he doesn't consider himself a celebrity, just Bub's assistant. And he is glad for that. He said he had a band at one point he'd hoped would become famous, but now he is glad it didn't. He likes Bub getting the attention more than for himself. Also, he is even cuter in real life.

After the Q&A, Dude fed Bub at the end of the stage so people could take pictures. Then he held her a bit for more pics. Squeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! She is adorbs.







I was having issues taking as many pics/videos as I wanted because my iPad doesn't have much space. So after Bub had been whisked away, I got online and uploaded all the pics and videos from Q&A to Facebook so I could delete them from my iPad.

Then I went to the Bub booth. I was planning to just get a Bublanket for my sister, since she'll be here in a couple days and could avoid shipping costs that way. But they were also discounted, so I ended up getting one for myself, too. I had also brought my stuffed Bub and was wearing one of my Bub shirts. People kept asking where I got the stuffed Bub as I walked around the fair holding her, so I got to direct a lot of people there.

There were a couple hours to kill between the Q&A and the Meet & Greet, so I wandered the fair a bit. At one point I saw Mike and his son coming out of the bathroom, so I said hi to Rosco.

In the art gallery, I saw that someone had painted BUB ART!



I went to the animal pavilion and saw a zebra, a baby camel, some cute baby goats and snuggling bunny buddies. That first little goat was OUT COLD. (He has black fur around his eyes so they look open in the pic...but trust me he was snoozing hard.) A fair can really wear you out! But he had a friend to help him. The fire alarm kept going off, but no one was evacuating so I just stayed there.







Then around 3:30 I went to get in line for the 4:00 Meet & Greet!!! I was 12th in line. At 4:00 they let the first ten people in line into the room with Bub. Then as each person came out, they let one more in.

So I was 2nd in line when the first lady came out, and she had the biggest smile on her face and was squealing, "SHE'S SO SOFT!!!!!!!!!!" She looked like she'd been transformed by magic.

There were a bunch of rules for meeting Bub. Each person got TWO PETS and that was it. They said to try to avoid her ears as she is sensitive to being pet there. (SHE IS SO SOFT!!!!!!!!) After your two pets, you pose for a picture which they take for you on your camera/phone/iPad. And then Mike finds out your name so he can personalize your pawtograph.





There was a reporter from the Denver Post there, and he took pictures of me with Bub. ONLY ME. Then he got my name and asked me about me coming to meet Bub. He said if I email him, he'll send me the pictures. So I am the ONLY ONE who got real professional pics taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I talked with him, I snapped a couple more pics before I left the room. It really felt magical. I could not stop smiling walking to my car.

I had thought there would be more time to talk to Mike and Bub. I was going to tell them about Biscuit using the Assisi Loop, which we know of thanks to Bub. I was going to see how Bub really sizes up to the stuffed Bub. And I was going to see if she could rub her paw on the bublankets. But there wasn't time for any of that. Still, I understand they have to limit it so she doesn't get overwhelmed. She is a cat, after all! So, I was not disappointed. Just being in her presence was magical!!!

On the way out, I snapped one more selfie with a big poster of Bub.


1 comments:

Phoenixgirl70 said...

Oh Ali you did a fantastic job describing the whole BUB experience! Your pictures are wonderful and thanks for adding all the other little critters in there as well! I bet your picture will end up in whatever newspaper that guy was from! If you're not sure buy every Denver newspaper they have lol. What a great idea to get BUB to put her paws on the blanket. But they were sure doing a lot of meet and greets and presentations at the fair. Plus you got to meet Roscoe Bear. That baby looks huge! I love how they have not let having a baby slow them down. Such a great commitment they have to animals. It's so nice that at the Q&A people who were perhaps unable to get tickets or didn't know about the meet and greets could still get a great look at BUB and even have her talk to them. What a great idea. I'm so happy you got yourself a blanket too! We all need to be wrapped In BUB in the colder months along with our other fur babies.! Thanks again for doing such a wonderful job!