Sunday, July 31, 2011

Home

I have this tension within me. I got to spend the last week with my family, and it was wonderful. I only get to see them every year or two, and I wish it was more often (without someone almost dying). I feel like this week was especially great; I had some really great talks with my various family members, my nephew is almost 4 now so he's getting to a more fun age (in my opinion), my niece is almost 2 so she says really hilarious things, and overall it was just great for sisterly bonding.

And then I flew home to Colorado. Back to my puppies, back to the mountains and the nice light air. Back to actually feeling dry when you get out of the shower and hardly any mosquitoes. I love living in Colorado so much. I remember visiting about 5 months before I moved out here and feeling like I'd come home. It's just such a beautiful place.

So I feel this tension between home feeling like Colorado, but wishing I could be with my family more. I feel torn over the geographical definition of home - which definitely feels like Colorado - and the relational definition that home is where the heart is - with my family (if my puppies were there too).

I'm just waiting for the day when they invent transporters like on Star Trek. And only charge like $10 to use it...

0 comments: