Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Escalators

I had this random thought today as I drove home from work: sometimes life feels like you're trying to run up an escalator that goes down. Which is possible, but takes a lot of energy.

Then I thought about how before the fall, there was no toil in work. There was still work, but no toil. I bet that was more like riding up an escalator that goes up.

I remember one time our youth group went to Washington DC. The escalators to the subway there were SUPER long. Like, twice the normal length. And a couple of the guys in our group made it a challenge to get all the way up a down escalator. (Until some security guards made them stop.)

That's the image I have in my mind of this life in this broken world. (Minus the security guards.) It's hard work. Lots of energy. But we press on to win the goal for which Christ has called us heavenward. Because one day, we'll get there.

0 comments: