Thursday, April 7, 2011

Soft

The older I get (and I'm not even that old), the more hard things I experience, the more I see my heart becoming hard.

I don't want it to be like that. I pray for God to help soften my heart. But it's hard not to feel jaded by some of the things I've experienced. It's hard to hold onto the innocent naivety of age 10, when adult life is this wonderful dream that will be everything you could hope for, an escape from all your big problems. And maybe you shouldn't hold onto that view anyway.

But at some point, you have to learn to let wounds heal. Not callous, not scar, but heal so no one would ever know the wound happened in the first place. Somehow, you have to not let things jade you so much that you put up guards.

Somehow, you have to keep living and loving abundantly.

0 comments: