Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Worthwhile

Back in February (I think) we had a Family Ministry ReGroup - an interactive time at Group where ministry people from all over the country came and chatted with us about Family Ministry. At the end of our time, we got a pad of stick notes on which to write encouraging notes to people we'd met, and then we walked around sticking the notes to the recipients.

One of the notes I received hangs above my computer. I don't know who stuck it to me, the name is hard to read, but it says something like this (I paraphrase since I'm at home): "When you're editing something for the 10th time, picture my kids' faces. You're making a difference."

Whenever I'm frustrated, I look at that note. I picture kids' faces. Because ultimately, any job will have it's frustrations. And yes, sometimes it does feel like I've edited the same thing 10 times and I'm sick of it. But all that refining means I'm having a better impact on those kids I just pictured. And that means it's all worthwhile.

0 comments: