Monday, September 19, 2011

Isaiah Highlights Part 2

Here are some more of my highlights from Isaiah:

30:15 - "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." We make ourselves so busy, but the real strength is in rest, quietness - relying on God.

30:18 - "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!"

30:20-21 - "Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, you ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." I love the moments when I feel I've got that kind of tangible guidance.

32:17 - "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever." Now there's a motivation to pursue righteousness.

33:6 - "He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure."

40:8 - "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." I don't live for this temporary world. I live for the One who stands forever.

I'll stop there for now.

0 comments: