Monday, March 28, 2011

One Day

"The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day." - Joshua 10:13

That is what I want. I keep feeling like if I had just one extra day to catch up, I might not feel like I'm drowning. I brought some work home this weekend in hopes that if I got it all done, I'd feel like I'd caught up, and I'd be able to get things done on Monday.

Well, then Peanut had to go to the hospital and have surgery, and I was much to worried to do any work. Plus we got a puppy who is very mellow and well-behaved, but nonetheless has a 4 month old bladder that needs to empty in the middle of the night, making me tired.

Today, although I spent most of the day at the hospital with Peanut, I was able to work remotely and get a lot done. But without that edge the weekend work would have given me, I still feel behind. And it just keeps on coming!

And on top of work, I'm now having to get three different dog meals ready, more frequently due to Peanut's surgery, and figure out how to get her the medication she needs when she needs it. Luckily Dan is home in the afternoon so he can administer that dose. I'm so thankful that she survived the surgery and that I'm blessed with such a sweet dog, so I'm actually really OK with serving her and taking care of her. It's the balancing it with mountains of work (and housework) that gets a little tricky. (But she does help with the laundry, and it really piled up while she wasn't around to help me!)

But, I'm guessing God's not going to make the sun stand still for me. So I guess I'm just going to have to take one day at a time and hope someday I get to the point where I can breathe again!

0 comments: