Friday, March 11, 2011

Overflow

We often get the message that the Christian life is about serving God, evangelizing, missions work. I don't think that's a good message.

It's not that those things aren't important. They are. But here's what I think: If we're truly seeking to grow closer to Jesus, love him more, and nurture our own faith, those things will be a natural overflow of Christ in us.

And if they're not an overflow of our relationship with Jesus, they're just actions. They don't amount to anything more than the Pharisees' piety did.

So that's what I want to do: nurture Christ in me. Fill myself so full of him that "witnessing" isn't something on my to do list that makes me tremble in fear...it's something that just happens because I'm bubbling over with the joy of the Lord.

0 comments: