Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Answered Prayers

If you've been following my Facebook status updates, you know that this weekend was a pretty rough one. On Saturday Peanut had to go to the ER vet with excessive vomiting, and on Sunday she had to go in for surgery. I prayed a lot of prayers for her safety and God brought her through the surgery, and now she seems to be on the mend.

But there have been other answered prayers that might not be as obvious unless I blog about them. First the surgery expense. I prayed that she wouldn't need surgery, but that if she did, God would help us find a way to afford it. Well, it was expensive. But not as expensive as it could have been, since the vet found ways to cut costs without compromising Peanut's care. That shaved off about $1000 off the bill. They also gave us a $500 discount just to be nice. Didn't even mention it, it just showed up on the bill.

But that still left us with a pretty whopping bill. The vet told us there was a credit company they worked with that would do a 12 month interest free loan. I was all for that. I definitely didn't want to pay interest and make this any more expensive! So we got the loan. And THEN I realized that there are 3 pay days in April instead of the normal 2, which means I'll get some extra money that's not budgeted. So that will carry us through a few months of payment, along with some birthday money people are sending. Plus in June I'll get some writing pay which should carry us through most of the rest of it. In the end, we're not having to take much out of Dan's college fund, which was my main concern. I'm so thankful that God is providing for us to take care of my little baby.

Then a couple days ago I blogged about feeling like I needed God to turn back the sun and give me an extra day. Just one day to catch up on things. Well, he didn't do that. (You would've noticed if he had.) But he has given me the energy and efficiency to get more done this week than I ever would've thought I could - even with a recovering dog and a house-training puppy. I actually don't feel buried!

I could be really stressed right now. But I'm not. God has given me peace and shown me that his hand is over my life, even in the hard times. Praise the Lord!

0 comments: