Thursday, October 6, 2011

Group

When I was in college, I figured out my freshman year that I wanted to develop children's curriculum for a living. I checked out the websites for the leading Sunday School curriculum publishers, and was very impressed by Group. I hoped to work there one day.

Now I do, and in three years I haven't lost my amazement with our products. Sure, I've had some rough days at work - who doesn't - but I haven't for a second stopped believing in what we do. Group's learning philosophies are so revolutionary, so interactive, that I really believe kids' lives will be changed. And we're constantly learning from customer feedback and from new experiments how to get better and better. I've been applying some of our new filters lately and it just gets me giddy. I know these filters make our products deeper and more applicable than ever.

Before I worked for Group, I got annoyed at how they always seemed to be promoting themselves. Now, I try so hard not to be all commercial about what we produce - but it's hard! Not because I want us to sell more products so I can get a raise (though I'd love one), but because I believe so much in our products that I want to see them change as many lives as possible.

I think another part of what makes Group's products work is our culture. Group is the friendliest place I ever could've imagined working. Our leaders really get to know people's names. They listen to people. People are nice to each other. We approach each other in healthy ways when conflicts arise. It's all a part of working at Group, and it helps us be in a better place to make stellar products.

I am so thankful to work at Group and so honored to be a part of changing lives around the world through the products I work on.

0 comments: