Saturday, October 1, 2011

Introverted

Growing up, I always fell right in the middle of the scale between extrovertedness and introvertedness. I didn't like being alone, and never understood people who valued "alone time." It seemed nuts to me. But I also didn't like being in groups and couldn't understand why people liked parties. I liked being with one, maybe two, close friends, enjoying low-key quality time.

In the past few years, I've noticed a shift in that preference. I've started appreciating alone time. And even though I never used to like being in big groups, I could do it. Now, it really wears me out to have to be really social with a lot of people. I really need time to re-coup after that kind of thing. I'm way further toward the introverted side of the scale than I ever used to be. I still value that one-on-one time with close friends, but I don't need it all the time like I used to.

I share this because I blog to express who I am. I blog to be known. I think there's this desire in everyone to be truly known - and loved anyway. That's why in my blogs I try to express my opinions and thoughts, to be known for what I believe in and what I dwell on during the day.

0 comments: