Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Motivation

Let’s get one thing straight: I do not enjoy running. I know I’ve blogged about it a couple of times, because I do run 1.5 miles every day, but I’m not one of those people who love running. I feel like those people must be lying, because I can’t imagine how anyone could actually enjoy running.

But I have found that when I run in the morning, I feel better for the rest of the day. Once I stop being all hot and sweaty, I actually find myself with a ton more energy than if I’d slept in.

But because I don’t enjoy the process, it’s sometimes hard to get motivation to do it. Sometimes it’s the same way with reading my Bible. Not that I don’t enjoy it, but Jeremiah isn’t always the most riveting book. Sometimes I don’t want to read it anymore.

While at Kidmin, I was able to keep up my routine (not with such consistent times) of running and reading my Bible every morning. And on the mornings where that meant getting up at 5:20 (4:20 my time), it wasn’t always easy to get out of bed. My motivation was begging me to stay in bed. But in the end, I was always glad I’d run and spent time with God. I felt positive and energetic the whole conference, thanks to the physical and spiritual parts of my morning routine.

There are so many things that don’t seem like the fun thing to do. There are so many times when being lazy or doing the selfish things are what we just long to do. But in the end, doing the right thing is always rewarding.

0 comments: