Wednesday, October 6, 2010

25 Things About Ali

1. There are three main smells I despise: peanuts/peanut butter (makes me nauseous), cinnamon, oranges/citrus.

2. I really like to drink from straws. I hardly ever drink without a straw if I can help it.

3. In college, I named all sorts of inanimate objects, including Jabir the Couch, Fido the Phone, and Fluffy the Answering machine.

4. Currently, my car's name is Carrie Corolla, and my laptop is Stewie. But I haven't named anything else inanimate.

5. My last haircut was June 2009.

6. I dressed as our school mascot, an elephant, for several homecomings.

7. I have a profound dislike for envelopes, once their function has been fulfilled.

8. I love chicken noodle soup, but not the chicken in it.

9. I have a collection of monkey stuffed animals.

10. Until I got married and had red as a wedding color, my favorite color was rainbow.

11. I hate musicals and have been known to fast forward through the songs in Disney movies so as to get on with the plot.

12. I frequently make loud exclamations of the word, "Puppies!" because I get excited to have them around.

13. My cookie obsession started on February 13, 2009, when Fireside started serving them.

14. When I go grocery shopping, I am extremely driven. In and out of Walmart in 30 minutes or less, including checkout time. Don't get in my way, and I may not stop the cart to grab what I need off the shelves.

15. My right leg is 9 millimeters shorter than my left leg. My right arm is also slightly shorter than my left, and my right eye slightly smaller that my left.

16. I often get cravings for one of the following: fried chicken, soup, gummy bears, Cheetos, cookies, chipwiches, Pringles, and plain milk chocolate.

17. I collect half price Cadbury Mini Eggs (the solid milk chocolate with crisp sugar shell eggs, in the purple bag) after Easter and Christmas, and eat them throughout the year. I used to keep a spreadsheet to make sure I was evenly rationing them, but I gave that up.

18. In 5th grade I was convinced I was an alien from the planet Zebop.

19. I can say the alphabet backwards in under 3 seconds.

20. I need at least 9 hours of sleep a night or I'm exhausted the next day.

21. I hate being alone, and I hate being in groups. I like one-on-one time.

22. Although I was never girly, never liked princesses or pink, I now dress as a princess every Halloween just so I can make the most of those prom dresses in my closet and the tiara from my wedding.

23. My 4th grade Halloween, I dressed as a functional lamp.

24. I've never been out of the United States, not even to Canada.

25. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people multitask when spending time with me. Don't text, don't talk on your phone, don't go online. Do that on your own time if you've made plans with me.

0 comments: