Friday, October 15, 2010

Options

I'm kind of in a funk tonight. A little nauseous (no, I'm not pregnant) but hungry, so determining what food sounded appetizing was difficult. I'm tired (still not pregnant), but felt like doing something, so I had to figure out whether to build up the energy to go for a walk or something, or stay in and watch a movie, or just fritter the evening away with meaningless time wasting. I chose the movie.

But as I catered to my funk, I couldn't help but be grateful. Not grateful that I'm in a funk, but grateful to have options. So many people don't have options of what food sounds appetizing to them - they eat whatever they can. IF they have the option to eat that night. So many people don't have options to have pleasant leisure time.

I do. You probably do to, unless you're a hobo reading this on a library computer. And even though it's not nice to be in a funk, it's nice to know that when you are you have the option to baby yourself, whether or not you choose to indulge it.

And I'm also grateful that Dan was willing to cater to my funk. He went and got me Ritz crackers and McDonald's fries, and the chick flick of my choice (which he watched with me). Thanks Babe!

0 comments: