Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ego

I was reading 1 Corinthians 1 this morning, where Paul talks about how there are divisions in the church because some people are saying they follow Jesus, some that they follow Apollos, or Peter, or Paul. And Paul wants to put a stop to it. He says he's glad he didn't baptize any of them so they can't say they were baptized in his name.

I don't know that I'd be so firm about putting a stop to someone giving me that kind of praise. Not that I want people to worship me, but there's something about being important that feeds my ego. I'd like to take credit for things. I'd like to be recognized more. That's what the sinful nature inside of me desires.

And every day is a battle to shush that voice that says it's all about me and to point to Jesus in everything I do.

0 comments: