Thursday, January 27, 2011

Best of Blogs #16

Skipping ahead now to 2008...When God Says No, originally posted 2/12/08. This was in the face of a really hard career change...so it seems timely for some of my friends!

David really wanted to build the temple. I mean, it was really on his heart, it was a great way to honor God, and he was a man of God who would have really put his all into the project. So why did God say no?

In 1 Kings, David's son Solomon builds the temple. And we read that it's time now because Israel is at peace, so they can really focus on it.

It wasn't that David wanted to do something bad. It was that God had something else for him to do...defend His people. A lot of people were waging war against them. David needed to fight. It just wasn't God's timing to build the temple in David's life, and it wasn't what God had on David's to-do list.

Recently I didn't get to do something that I really hoped I'd be able to do. It was a great, godly thing. It was terribly upsetting to be rejected from it. But for whatever reason, God chose someone else. And even though I don't know His reasons, I need to trust that He is in control, and that He has something else that He wants me to do.

0 comments: