Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

I made a lot of resolutions in 2010. And all in all, I did pretty well with them: I decluttered my house, finished and edited my book, wrote 50 devotionals (was going to do 1/week, so close), blogged fairly regularly (though not daily as intended), kept in touch better with my nephew, worked out more (3x/week when I was doing it..), and read through more than half the Bible (I was going to do the whole thing). I only read 2 of the 6 nonfiction books I intended too.

Here are my 2011 resolutions. I'm encouraged by how I did with my goals in 2010 - even those I didn't do that well with, they motivated me to do more than I would have without them. So here's to 2011!

General goals:

  • See the good in everyone (my only non-measurable goal)
  • Read the other half of the Bible
  • Write my next book
  • Learn the mountain peaks viewable from Loveland
  • Read 5 or more classics (Ethan Frome, Old Man and the Sea, Frankenstein, The Time Machine, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea)
  • Read 3 or more non-fiction books (Road to Reality, Captivating by Eldrege, The Me I Want to Be by Ortberg)

Weekly goals:

  • Blog at least 5x/week
  • Work out 3x/week
  • Write a devotional/week

Monthly goals:

  • Bake desserts instead of buying them at least once per month

0 comments: