Thursday, September 16, 2010

Treetops

And once again David asked God what to do. 'Do not attack them straight on,' God replied. 'Instead, circle around behind and attack them near the poplar trees. When you hear a sound like marching feet in the tops of the poplar trees, go out and attack! That will be the signal that God is moving ahead of you to strike down the Philistine army.' So David did what God commanded, and they struck down the Philistine army all the way from Gibeon to Gezer." - 1 Chronicles 14:14-16

I read this passage this morning and I really loved it. God goes before us. Whether it's in battle, like it was for David, or in a tough situation in life, or just each day with all of its unexpected turns, God goes before us in the treetops.

I'm going to think of this whenever I see the wind blow through the trees now. God is going before me. I am never alone. I am never facing life without God's help.

0 comments: