Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Walmart God Sighting

This evening as I was pulling into the west-facing entrance of the Walmart parking lot, I got a glimpse of the sun setting over the mountains. It wasn't one of those complexly gorgeous sunsets with dozens of clouds painted in an array of pinks and oranges. In fact, none of the clouds in the sky were close enough to the sun to be very affected.

And yet this sunset was so beautiful in its simplicity. Rays of light beamed out from behind the mountains, backlighting those immediately in front of it and creating an ethereal glow around them. Those same rays of light illuminated Longs Peak (and the other tall one next to it), giving them an almost heavenly glow. Other rays just shot up within the golden sky. It was beautiful. I stood in awe of how God could make something so simple so beautiful.

Then I pulled into a parking space and the song "From the Inside Out" came on the radio. I just sat in my car for a bit, listening and singing along and worshiping with all I had to offer. And in that moment, with the golden sky to my west and a song of praise in my heart, I felt God with me.

0 comments: