Thursday, January 12, 2012

Complete

I'm currently reflecting on Psalm 103 for my Lectio Divina study. This morning I reflected on this section:

Praise the Lord, oh my soul
And forget not all his benefits

Who forgives all your sins
And heals all your diseases


As I reflected, one word jumped out at me. It's the word that is repeated the most in the passage: all. All his benefits. Forgives all my sins. Heals all my diseases.

I wrote next to this passage in my Bible: There's nothing about me God can't fix.

And I started thinking about the description of God as "All in All." As I seek to have God define me, I've started a craft project that I add to each day. On a piece of foam board, I write "Because God is..." and fill it in with something that struck me from my Bible reading. Then I glue a small 2 inch craft mirror to it and write on the mirror "I am..."

For today's I wrote, "Because God is my all in all...I am complete." I lack in nothing because of all of God's benefits in my life. He has forgiven all of my sins. He has healed all of my diseases. I am complete in him.

2 comments:

ms said...

"there's nothing about me god can't fix". The wording you use makes me feel that you are stating there is something broken about you. Through each of our genetics, experiences, reactions to our experiences and luck of the draw everyone is so different, undefinable and in a state of constant change. So don't think of yourself as broken and needing fixed, just a person in transition. Little suggestion from someone who has dealt with being broken and unfixable and realized I was neither broken nor did I need fixed, I was just (am) dealing with a permanent change.

Ali Thompson said...

Well, I think our sinfulness makes us all broken.