Sunday, January 15, 2012

Galatians 1:10

I need to remind myself daily that I don't live for what other people think of me. Especially in this phase of my life, when it's easy to think other people have low opinions of my actions. It's so hard not to let little jabbing comments get under your skin.

I cling to Galatians 1:10: "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

And then someone posted a quote on Facebook: "Don't like me? Cool, I don't wake up every day to impress you."

I want to have a Christian character full of gentleness and respect for others. If people don't like me because of real flaws in my character, then that's a different story. But if people judge me without knowing my motivations, that doesn't matter. I'm a servant of Christ, and that means I'm not trying to win the approval of the people around me.

If only I didn't need to remind myself of that so often.

0 comments: