Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dreams

Hi Everyone! I'm ending my best of blogs series and going back to new blogs every day. Here's one I actually wrote on 1/29, but didn't post so as to not interrupt my series. I have another one I want to post later tonight, because I've got some things on my mind, but this one needed to come first.

I've been thinking about what God has in store for my life. The future, near and distant. I've been thinking about my dreams - to make a mark in Children's Ministry, to publish books, to influence people. And ultimately it's come down to these things.

I want to follow God. I want to hear his voice. I want to walk in his way - even if it seems hard or chaotic. I want to trust him even when I don't get what he's doing. I want to lay my plans at his feet and to surrender to whatever he wants to do. I want him to use me. I want to do something that's bigger than me, something heavenly. I want to leave a legacy.

I don't need fame or glory. It's nice, but it's fleeting. What ultimately matters is that when I get to heaven I hear God say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." I want that to be the only accolade that matters to me.

0 comments: