Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mindy-licious

I have a friend from Wisconsin named Mindy and I think she's really awesome. I used to call her Mindy-licious. I was thinking about all the things I admire about her the other day.

She had her wild days when she was younger, and her past has (I think) made her a stronger Christian. She really sticks to her values, but there's nothing that makes her do that "shocked Christian gasp" and judge people. She accepts everyone and loves them as they are.

She's got passion for a lot of things, and that passion shines through. She really cares about people in need. She prays for them - doesn't just say she's going to pray and forget, but hangs up their pictures and prays for them whenever she looks at the pictures.

She likes to write, and she's really good at it.

She is an AMAZING mom. She has such an open line of communication with her kids. They can ask her anything, and they talk about all sorts of things. I watch her and her college-aged daughter communicate on Facebook and I love how they interact. They know they can come to her with any problem.

She, more than anyone I know, gets that being a Christian doesn't mean you can't have fun. While she's committed to being a godly woman, she knows how to go out and have a good time.

She worships without shame. She dances, sings her heart out (and she sings well), and teaches kids to do the same.

She is comfortable with who she is and doesn't care what other people think about her.

When times get tough, she turns to God.

She's just an all-around awesome woman...a real role model.

0 comments: