Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Escape

I've always liked the bathroom. As a kid in elementary school, when I was feeling left out or hurt, I'd go sit in a bathroom stall. I got to cry and be alone and just think about how I was feeling.

And even now, the bathroom is a wonderful escape. When work is stressful and I just need a couple minutes to breathe without anyone interrupting, I can count on that 3x3 cube of porcelain and tile to be my refuge. When I've expended all the extrovert I've got and still have to interact with people, I can catch a little alone time before I mingle some more. And when my creative juices are stymied, sometimes they're revitalized sitting on the throne of imagination.

It might be a little weird, but it's a place that you can always count on to be there, unless you're out in the woods camping or something. It's a place I can escape for a few moments, no matter where I am.

Where's your escape?

0 comments: