Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lonely

I've never been very good at making friends. Today I was thinking about this, how I've lived here for two and a half years and while I have some friends, I'm still looking for those deeper relationships. Someone I hang out with regularly, someone who I can confide in about anything.

As I thought about it today, I started to wonder if there's something wrong with me. Some un-friend-worthy traits that repel any would-be pals.

And then I got this flashback to the summer before 6th grade, when I created a survey asking people what they liked and didn't like about me. Then I made a list of what I needed to change about myself based on the answers.

I don't want to do that again. Not formally, not informally. While I want to keep growing, I want to do it for God, not to make people like me. Any friends I make need to like me for who I am, not who I've changed into.

0 comments: